Sunday, March 1, 2015

Wedding dresses and big decisions

Four months into our engagement, you might think that I would at least have some sort of vision as to what our wedding day will look like. Well, it turns out that it's not as easy as I thought it would be. After all, I have pretty much imagined what this special day would be like since I was a little girl and yet, it's as if that because I can officially start planning it, I actually can't make my mind up on anything!

Let's take the dress for example. While I know what I don't like, finding what I actually like and want in my wedding dress is a lot more complicated than I expected. I definitely know that I don't want the typical sleeveless, white, A-line dress. While those dresses are very flattering and gorgeous, I simply want something that's a bit more unique. At the moment, I would like a gown with long sleeves, an open back, lace, unique details and light and flowy material. Now, finding something with all those elements is much harder than I thought it would be. On top of it all, I'd like for the material to have a light blue-ish tint to it because according to old Irish traditions, brides used to get married in blue dresses.

The following gowns all have details that I'd like to incorporate in my dress, but I fear that I'll never be able to find The Dress that actually will. The fact that there are so many incredibly gorgeous options doesn't help either. Maybe that is the problem? Too many choices?

Any ladies out there that are going or have gone through the same thing? And to those who already have chosen their wedding dress, how did you know that it was The One?


No comments: